love, partnership, connection, vulnerability, wholeness, crossroads, choice
The Lovers is a card of connection, partnership, intimacy, and love. It represents the coming together of opposites to create something greater than the sum of the individual parts. This card teaches us that we are all connected and that our choices have an impact beyond our personal sphere of experience.
The Lovers advises...
- Allow your emotions to propel you. Drop your emotional defences and feel your passion in all its intensity.
- Shared intimacy with another may be immensely fulfilling now.
- This situation requires that you act holistically. Use your rationality and your emotions, your creativity and practicality. Acting holistically also means considering the way your choices will affect others.
- Whatever you do now, act from your heart. Let perfect, unconditional love be your compass. Ask yourself, "Am I acting from a place of love?"
- Celebrate the love in your life in all of its forms: passion, friendship, caring, spiritual devotion, and self-love.
- Seeking a partner with skills, knowledge, or other qualities that are different but complementary to your own could be beneficial in this situation.
The Lovers warns...
- Beware of seeking something external to yourself in order to feel complete. A feeling of emptiness comes from failure to accept our whole selves, not from a lack of anything outside ourselves.
- Beware of losing your individuality in a partnership.
The Lovers predicts...
When The Lovers appears as an outcome, you can expect both material and spiritual fulfillment. It is important to remember your interconnection with everything. This is not a time to act selfishly.
The Lovers represents someone who is...
- at an important crossroads in their life
- a romantic partner
- a business partner
- a matchmaker
- a wedding officiant